You ever wondered how to measure internet connection speed on your VPS Server but you didn’t know how.
There is a simple way to do that with speedtest script which will allow you to do that.
How to Run Speedtest on VPS Server
1. You need to login via SSH on your VPS server as root user
2. Download speedtest script:
3. Set file execution:
chmod a+rx speedtest_cli.py
4. Move files into specific location on your system
mv speedtest_cli.py /usr/local/bin/speedtest-cli
5. Chown the script for root user and group
chown root:root /usr/local/bin/speedtest-cli
6. Run the script
7. You can share your result with following command:
Note: This will give you URL for the result that you can share
Now, you can check you internet connection speed at any time on your VPS.